Acute shortage of competent Auxilliary nurse Midwives and staff nurse leads to higher maternal, newborn and infant mortality. Among many other reasons one of the major cause is sub-optimal quality of pre-service education (PSE) at the nursing educational institutions. To address the issue and develop a stronger and efficient cadre, the Indian Nursing Council (INC), National Health Mission (NHM) under the aegis of State Health Society, Bihar had developed various programs for tutor in Government GNM & ANM training institutes.
· Strengthened and establishment of IT Lab, Skill Labs, and Library in all Government Nursing Institutes.
· NHM has provided 207 Nursing tutors for strengthening of Nursing institutes.
· Strategically the program includes one-time training of the faculties in State Nodal Center, Patna, Bihar, followed by mentorship visit to the institutes organised by State Nodal Center with the support of State Nursing Cell, State Health Society Bihar.
1. Standardized guideline has been provided by the Government of India
· Two consecutive batches of 6 weeks training will begin in April, 2021.
· National FlorencenightingaleNurses award will be honoured to staff nurse by the President of India.
· 3 GNM training institutes are under construction.
· 3 days refreshment training will be conducted for tutors/Principals, who underwent 6 weeks training.
- The academic building and hostel facility were in a very fragile condition, renovation of the buildings was done from NHM. Also, new construction of 10 ANM and 7 GNM Institutes were done.
- Human resource: NHM has created a provision for 207 nursing tutors,162 Multipurpose Helper Female and 43 data entry operator cum trainer on contractual basis out of which 75 nursing tutors, 68 Multipurpose Helper Female and 22 data entry operator cum trainer are currently working.
- Procurement: IT lab, Library and Skill lab has been established in every 37 nursing institute, 10 computers with system provided in each nursing institutes.
- Fund is provided to BMSICL forestablishment of skills lab and other labs.
- Fund for CMC is also provided to district health society.
- State Nodal Centre (SNC) is established at IGIMS College of Nursing and functioning till date.
- 12 batches of 6 weeks training conducted by the SNC.
- 34 mentorship visits have been done till now.
- National Florence NightingaleNurse Award: This national Presidential award is recognition for exceptional nursing service within the year. Since 2013 till2020 total of 9 nursing personnel have achieved it from Bihar.
- From each district one Nursing tutor / Principal trained as a master trainer on ANM induction module.
Infant Mortality rate
in the year 2005 was 61
(SRC 04-06) and it was decreased to 32 (SRC 2018) in the year 2018.
· Maternal Mortality rate in year 2004 was 261(SRC 04-06) and it was decreased to 149 (SRC 2018) in year 2018.